Monday, February 04, 2019
Minnesota's Comprehensive Arts Planning Program (CAPP) Application
The application for CAPP will open on March 1, 2019.
Minnesota’s Comprehensive Arts Planning Program (CAPP) provides assistance to selected public school districts as they plan and implement a comprehensive K-12 school arts education program. Defining “arts” as dance, media arts, music, theater, and visual arts, CAPP helps local school-community teams create multi-year strategic plans for arts education for all students. The two-year CAPP program provides leadership development, networking with other CAPP leaders from across the state, site visits, resources, and a small amount of funding to support committee operation. Examples of arts education improvements through CAPP in school districts and communities include:
- Development of leaders in arts education
- New or revised curriculum in all arts areas, based on the new MN Academic Standards in the Arts K-12
- Professional development opportunities for arts and non-arts teachers
- Increased staffing in the arts
- Opportunities for artists residences
- New or updated arts facilities
- Policies adopted to support arts education
- Stronger school/community collaborations including partnership with arts and community organizations and higher education institutions
Applications for the FY20 CAPP Program will open on Friday, March 1st, 2019 and close Monday, April 22nd, 2019.
School districts are encouraged to contact Kristi Johnson, Comprehensive Arts Planning Program (CAPP) Director with questions and/or for more information about the FY20 application at email@example.com or 763-279-4183.
Return to list.