EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A student with seizures who attends Perpich is expected to:
- notify school staff if he/she is aware of an impending seizure
- notify school staff when he/she is not feeling well
- be aware of and follow any restrictions on physical activity
Parents/guardians of a student with seizures is expected to:
- notify the student health services office that the student has a history of seizures by filling out the questionnaire for the parent/guardian of a student with seizures
- communicate specific needs of the student at school and, if applicable, the residence hall
- provide information and doctor authorization for restricted activity at school
- complete the authorization for administration of prescription medication if needed
- give the school nurse current home, work and emergency telephone numbers
The school nurse will:
- communicate specific individual concerns to the parent
- provide or arrange for in-service training about seizures to school and dormitory staff
- be available as a resource to provide current information about seizures
Teachers and staff will:
- be aware of students with seizures as appropriate and adhere to confidentiality standards
- notify substitute teachers of students with seizures
- be aware of signs and symptoms of a seizure and follow planned procedure during and after a seizure
Required Medical Forms
All medical forms are located on the “Medical Forms” page. Click the link below to view the forms and download the ones you need.
“Perpich is the best school for me because it provides a diverse student population, artistic environment and academic opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else in the state.”
“My teachers encourage me to push myself outside of my comfort zone and to always strive to better my art, never settling for good enough.”
"Perpich is providing me with the opportunity to develop my art, and fulfill a potential which I might never have on my own. I decided to come to Perpich because I was an ugly duckling, and I’m glad I did because now I’m flying with the swans."
"For 17 years I’d carried the bulk of my children’s education myself. Sending the two oldest away to Perpich was a huge step of faith and I have not been disappointed. The teachers, in particular, have been fabulous!"
"[Perpich] was a hugely formative experience for me and I think gave me many of the tools to get to this point of, as you said, doing meaningful work that I love."