FOR PUBLIC PATRONS
- Check out up to 10 books and 5 nonprint items
- Checkout period of 21 days
Patrons Renewing Materials
One renewal is allowed on materials that have not been requested by another patron. Contact us to renew.
- Books may be checked out for 21 days (10 total items)
- CDs, videotapes, DVDs may be checked out for seven days (Five total items)
Students Renewing Materials
Request in person or via email for one-time renewal. A second renewal is at the discretion of library staff.
Return of library materials – overdue, lost or damaged, withdrawal from enrollment
- Overdue notices (first and second notices) are emailed to students at their Perpich-provided email addresses. Students must respond to these notices by returning or renewing items. Items put on hold by another patron may not be renewed. The first notice is generated two days after the item becomes overdue and the second notice is generated two weeks after the first notice.
- If an item or items are not returned to the library within a reasonable amount of time, a bill for replacement will be sent to the parent(s) or guardian(s) with the loaned items listed along with the cost to replace each item. If items are returned after the bill is received, library staff will notify the finance department so that the bill may be cancelled. NOTE: A $5 per item administrative fee will be charged for billed items regardless of whether they are returned.
- Students with overdue items and outstanding bills cannot check out materials until overdue items are returned or replacement costs are paid. Lists of students with overdue library materials are posted in the library.
- Library materials returned in a damaged condition must be replaced. The student will be billed for replacement costs.
- Withdrawing students are required to check with library staff and return items that have been checked out or pay for any lost or damaged items. Bills will be sent to the parent/guardian if necessary.