- Outreach Calendar
- Outreach Staff
- Outreach News
- Outreach FAQ
- Programs and Services
- Statewide Collaborative Programs
- Turnaround Arts: Minnesota
- Resources for the Classroom
- K-12 Academic Standards
- Workshops and Conferences
- Student Recognition
- Contact Us
- Receive news & updates
Perpich Arts Integration Network for Teachers
In 2009 the Minnesota Legislature charged Perpich with developing a high quality arts integration project.
Since that time, the Perpich arts integration network has promoted arts integration in K-12 classrooms in five different areas of the state. Below is a quick summary. To see the project's own website, look here.
Arts Integration teachers work together to develop and implement arts-integrated lessons that are student-centered and standards-based.
- with other content areas in meaningful, engaging ways
- aligning standards, learning goals, and assessments
- and reflecting on and learning from student work
- multi-day workshops in summers
- several 1-day network meetings throughout the school year
- meetings with Perpich facilitators on-site and online
The arts integration project is a laboratory to create, test, and refine lessons. School teams contribute to the big picture of arts integration in Minnesota by digitally documenting and sharing those exemplary lessons and practices.
So what are students actually learning in arts-integrated lessons? Teachers want to know that too. While constructing arts-integrated lessons, teachers work together to address standards, build assessments that accurately reflect student learning, and review the arts-integrated student work to improve instruction and student learning.