Theater Arts Scholars of Distinction Awards
Theater Arts Award Category recognizes excellence in Minnesota’s top theater students and is co-sponsored by Perpich Center for Arts Education and MDE and supported by the Perpich Foundation and the Communication and Theater Association of Minnesota. The initiative is open to 11th- and 12th-grade theater students willing to commit the time and dedication required to excel.
- substantive knowledge in one of four major areas of theater.
- ability to pursue theatrical creation and performance.
- clear understanding of theatrical quality standards.
- understanding of relationships between theater arts and other disciplines.
- ability to apply theatrical knowledge to practical theatrical situations.
- ability to effectively communicate theatrical knowledge and practice.
- ability to interact with others in a theatrical context
Artistic presentation guidelines
Comprehensive theater rubric
Lighting design rubric
Scenic design rubric
Sound design rubric