- This event has passed.
CLASSROOM VISIT – ST. FRANCIS MIDDLE SCHOOL + HIGH SCHOOL CLASSROOM VISIT – WITH MARK REHANI AND GLENN MOREHOUSE OLSON, THEATER ARTS EDUCATORS AND DIRECTORS
November 16 @ 8:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
“THE INTENTION OF TEACHER-TO-TEACHER OBSERVATION IS THAT IT BE A TOOL FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND, IN TURN, FOR STUDENT LEARNING.”
DATE AND TIME:
Thursday, November 16th (8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:29 a.m. Arrive at St. Francis Middle School, check in with Stephanie, welcome, intros
- 8:29 a.m. – 9:22 a.m. Observe an 8th grade drama class with Mark Rehani
- 9:26 a.m. – 10:19 a.m. Observe another section of 8th grade drama
- 10:20 a.m. – 10:35 a.m. Transition to St. Francis High School (5 min away)
- 10:40 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Observe a High School “Focus on Drama” class with Glenn Morehouse Olson
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Tour the HS and then transition to Mansetti’s Pizza & Pasta
- 12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch (pay on your own) and facilitated conversation
St. Francis Middle School
23026 Ambassador Blvd NW, St Francis, MN 55070
St. Francis High School
3325 Bridge St NW, St Francis, MN 55070
Mansetti’s Pizza & Pasta
23042 St Francis Blvd NW, St Francis, MN 55070
St. Francis Middle School – Enter parking lot from highway 47.
Entrance door and instructions:
St. Francis Middle School – Enter through main doors and sign in at front desk. Please bring a form of ID (driver’s license). (Same process at High School – student will escort us to the Performing Arts Center.)
ABOUT THE DAY:
This day is a unique opportunity to inform your teaching practice through peer observation and discussion and form stronger connections with theater teachers nearby. To accomplish this,
- We will observe Mark Rehani teach two middle school drama classes. Pay particular attention to their classroom routines, rituals, and community building. Think about your “Ah-ha!” and “I wonder…” moments.
We will then travel to the high school to observe Glenn Morehouse Olson teach a “Focus on Drama” class for high school students.
- Following the classroom observation, Perpich Theater Education Specialist Stephanie Lein Walseth will facilitate a discussion of our observations and then introduce you to opportunities to connect our observations into practical implementation ideas focused on the Minnesota Academic Standards in Theater.
- You will take away new ideas and strategies for your classroom, plus have a better understanding of how the new theater standards relate to the classes you teach.
- The day is hosted by Dr. Stephanie Lein Walseth, Theater Education Specialist of Professional Development & Resource Programs at Perpich Center for Arts Education. There is no cost to participate. A certificate for 6 clock hours will be distributed at the end of the day.
- The maximum number of participants is 7. Registration will close when we reach that number.
- Questions? Email email@example.com