FY21 Regional Arts Teacher-Leader Network Application Now Available
Perpich Center for Arts Education’s Regional Arts Teacher-Leader Network is now accepting applications for FY21!
Teachers in the RAT-L network participate in ongoing professional development in both leadership and effective teaching. They apply their learning through implementing an annual leadership plan to advance arts education in their region of the state. A Regional Arts Teacher-Leader (RAT-L) is an experienced, effective educator who teaches dance, media arts, music, theater, or visual arts with a record of excellence and a desire to grow their leadership abilities and experience. Teachers of physical education, English language arts, and other subjects are welcome to apply if they provide instruction in one of the arts areas listed above.
Who should apply? K-12 Educators who:
- Currently teach in a K-12 Minnesota elementary, middle, or high school,
- Have an undergraduate degree,
- Have a minimum of three years experience teaching in a K-12 elementary, middle, or high school as a licensed arts educator or a teacher of another subject who teaches dance, media arts, or theater as part of their teaching assignment,
- Hold a Tier 4 or five-year Minnesota teaching license,
- Have a demonstrated record of achievement in current and previous teaching positions,
- Have active support from administrative leaders,
- Are looking to grow their leadership capacity, advance arts education, and support educators in their region.
Note: Applications require a resume and a letter of recommendation from a current administrator.
Applications for the Regional Arts Teacher-Leader Network are available now. Applications are due by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 30, 2020.