- This event has passed.
2-DAY ARTS INTEGRATION WORKSHOP
June 14 @ 9:00 am - June 15 @ 2:00 pm
2-Day Arts Integration Workshop
Facilitated by the Perpich Professional Development and Resource Programs team and guest teaching artists
- This 2-day intensive workshop is designed for teams that are already convinced of the benefit of Arts Integration and want to develop a concrete plan of action for the 2022-2023 school year, ranging from one unit to a school wide focus.
- Workshop teams should be K-12 school-based teams of 2-4 teachers, including at least one arts educator. Teams are asked to register altogether on one form.
- *Space for this workshop is limited. A waitlist will be started once the workshop is full.
- Overview of Arts Integration
- Engagement with guest teaching artists Wing Young Huie and Iris Shiraishi
- Learning in four arts processes of create, perform/present, respond, and connect
- Begin thinking through ways of connecting arts practices to other content area standards
- Support from Perpich Specialists
- Concentrated time to work in school teams
- Lunch is provided both days
DATES AND TIMES: Teams are expected to attend both days
- June 14 (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Check-in beginning at 8:30 a.m.; Optional team work time until 4:00 p.m.
- June 15 (9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
Optional team work time beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Perpich Center for Arts Education, Main Building
6125 Olson Memorial Hwy
Golden Valley, MN 55422
- Hotel rooms are not provided. If you need lodging, a block of discounted rooms (at your expense) is available at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Golden Valley. Click here to access the discounted rooms.