- This event has passed.
BOOK DISCUSSION: “THE BEGINNING TEACHER’S FIELD GUIDE: EMBARKING ON YOUR FIRST YEARS”
October 26 @ 4:30 pm - 5:15 pmFree
The Beginning Teacher’s Field Guide: Embarking on Your First Years
Thursday, October 26 (4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.)
ABOUT THE BOOK:
This easy-reading field guide dives deep into the personal side of teaching, offering empathy and support to transcend challenges many of us face in our early years:
- Understand the feelings and teaching challenges of each of the six phases during a beginning teachers’ career (Anticipation, Survival, Disillusionment, Rejuvenation, Reflection, and Second Anticipation)
- Practice self-care to combat stress and burnout
- Learn effective classroom management strategies and how to maintain positive relationships with students
- Process and reflect on your professional improvements and successes.
- A Zoom link will be sent to those who have registered prior to the event.
- You are most welcome to join the discussion, even if you haven’t quite finished the book by then!
- This virtual session is facilitated by Toni Beckler, Perpich Training and Development Specialist. Toni brings decades of practical experience in K-12 education to the discussion.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with other arts educators in their early years of teaching.
- A clock hours form will be provided following the session.