- This event has passed.
BOOK STUDY: UPBEAT!
July 18, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
UPBEAT! MINDSET, MINDFULNESS, AND LEADERSHIP IN MUSIC EDUCATION AND BEYOND, Dr. Matthew Arau, author (GIA Publications)
UPBEAT! presents a combination of mindset and mindfulness strategies as well as leadership principles that will motivate, inspire, and transform not only your personal world but the culture of your music program. The book is a wonderful collection of hands-on, immediately applicable ideas and strategies for all those involved in the music profession. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with meaningful topics that can elevate their quality of life and personal fulfillment while raising the wellbeing and success of their students.
WHAT: You are invited to join other music educators to read and study Arau’s popular book!
WHO: All Minnesota music educators are welcome! Registration is limited to 20.
Paul Kile is the Director of Bands at Edina High School and serves on the Servant Leadership Association for Music Education board with Dr. Arau. Over the last two years, Paul has worked with Dr. Arau in ‘Band Life Coaching’ sessions at Edina High School and has participated in Dr. Arau’s Upbeat! class at Vandercook College.
SCHEDULE OF VIRTUAL MEETINGS – 7 sessions over 2 weeks:
- Now – Secure your copy of Upbeat! Mindset, Mindfulness, and Leadership in Music Education and Beyond (GIA Publications)
- Monday, July 18 (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, July 20 (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 21 (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Monday, July 25 (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, July 26 ( 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, July 27 (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, July 28 (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
TOTAL TIME COMMITMENT: Approximately 20 hours, including personal reading/reflection and discussions over two weeks. A certificate for 20 CEUs will be provided.
COST: There is no cost to participate (other than securing the book on your own).