- This event has passed.
CLASSROOM VISIT – HOLDINGFORD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CLASSROOM VISIT – WITH MUSIC EDUCATOR MAIA HAMANN
October 17 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
“THE INTENTION OF TEACHER-TO-TEACHER OBSERVATION IS THAT IT BE A TOOL FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND, IN TURN, FOR STUDENT LEARNING.”
DATE AND TIME:
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Note: A specific schedule of events and the school address will be shared soon.
Holdingford Elementary School
900 5th Street
Holdingford, MN 56340
ABOUT THE DAY:
This day is a unique opportunity to inform your teaching practice through peer observation and discussion of the current topics in K-5 music. To accomplish this,
- We will observe Maia Hamann in her classroom, paying attention to classroom routines and community, plus other areas such as instructional strategies, formative assessment, and/or teaching resources. Think about “Ah-ha!” and “I wonder…”
- Following classes, Michael Buck will facilitate a discussion of our observations and how they connect with current topics such as appropriate song selection and the new Minnesota standards and benchmarks in music. Bring your questions!
- Take away new ideas and strategies for your own teaching!
- The day is hosted by Dr. Michael Buck, Music Education Specialist in Professional Development & Resource Programs at Perpich Center for Arts Education. There is no cost to participate. A certificate for 6 clock hours will be distributed at the end of the day.
- The maximum number of participants is 5. Registration will close when we reach that number.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org