- This event has passed.
CURRENT TOPICS IN ELEMENTARY MUSIC
June 30 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
This day is intended for music educators of students in grades K-5.
DESCRIPTION: This day focuses on three important topics in elementary music:
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE TEACHING, including identifying songs which are not appropriate to continue to use
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING WITH INTENTION, including a database of diverse music crowd sourced by Minnesota music educators
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – MEET 10 AMAZING COMPOSERS (WHO ALSO HAPPEN TO BE WOMEN)
Take away many ideas and resources you can use or adapt for your classroom!
EVENT LOCATION: ONLINE – The link to join the workshop will be emailed to participants prior to the workshop.
- The workshop is facilitated by Dr. Wendy Barden, Music Education Specialist in Professional Development & Resource Programs at Perpich Center for Arts Education.
- A certificate for 5 CEU will be available at the end of the workshop.
- There is no cost to participate.