- This event has passed.
DEMONSTRATION SCHOOL VISIT – PAYNESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
November 22, 2019 @ 3:00 am - 8:30 amFree
This day is a unique opportunity to inform your teaching practice through peer observation of a brand new middle school theater course, the first of its kind in this district. To accomplish this,
- We will observe Regional Arts Teacher-Leader Jennifer Wirz teach a beginning theater exploration class, paying attention to areas such as student engagement, instructional strategies, formative assessment, and/or teaching resources. Think about “Ah-ha!” and “I wonder…”
- Following class and rehearsal, Stephanie Lein Walseth will facilitate a discussion of our observations.
Take away new ideas and strategies for shaping and teaching your introductory middle school theater classes. This observation day may be especially valuable to teachers thinking about creating their own middle school theater courses, and/or those interested in integrating theater skills into other classes.
The day is facilitated by Dr. Stephanie Lein Walseth, Theater Education Specialist in Professional Development & Resource Programs at Perpich Center for Arts Education.
Jennifer Wirz is licensed in Special Education and she directs the district’s after school theater programming, integrating her personal experience in theater with her educational expertise in special education, to ensure an inclusive and welcoming space for all to participate. This class is the first load-bearing course in theater that she is teaching, and she welcomes other theater educators to join her in this exploration.
- There is no cost to participate in this professional development opportunity.
- A certificate for six clock hours will be distributed at the end of the day.
- The maximum number of participants is 10. Registration will be closed when we reach that number.