- This event has passed.
IMPLEMENTING “STANDARDS-BASED GRADING” IN MUSIC ROUNDTABLES
August 3, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 amFree
Roundtable – A conference for discussion or deliberation by several participants; everyone has an equal chance to express ideas.
Here is an opportunity to participate in a Roundtable discussion–to think aloud with other music educators–about a framework for communicating student achievement to students and their families known as standards-based grading, standards-referenced grading, proficiency or competency grading.
What questions do you want to ask others? Or, what experiences could you share?
- What does the music report card look like (one grade/more than one grade; multiple statements, letters or numbers)?
- How do you report effort/behavior/participation?
- How do you manage multiple opportunities for students to demonstrate learning?
- How do you use formative and summative assessments?
- How do you give students individual feedback?
- If students “Meet Standard” right away what do you do?
- Does your district use proficiency or competency scales?
EVENT LOCATION: ONLINE – This is an online meeting. You will receive a link prior to the Roundtable.
- These Roundtables are facilitated by Dr. Wendy Barden, Music Education Specialist at Perpich Center. Wendy used standards-based grading in her classroom for 8 years and has continued to study – and advocate for – this framework.
- A certificate for 3 CEUs will be available at the end of the session.
- There is no cost to participate.
- Registration each day is limited to 19 people. There will be wait list.