- This event has passed.
Implementing the New Creating & Responding Benchmarks in K-12 Music
October 30, 2019 @ 4:00 am - 10:00 amFree
This one-day workshop is an opportunity to learn, explore, and collaborate around the Create and Respond strands of the new K-12 Arts anchor standards and Music benchmarks. Together, we will:
- Dig deep into the anchor standards and benchmarks – what do they mean in your classroom?
- Try out a variety of experiences that address K-12 Create benchmarks
- Try out more experiences that address K-12 Respond benchmarks
- Develop assessment criteria, rubrics, checklists for these experiences
Take away practical ideas for your classroom!
- One hour is planned for lunch. You are welcome to bring your own lunch or head out to a nearby fast food restaurant.
- A certificate for 5 clock hours will be distributed at the end of the day.
- The workshop facilitator is Wendy Barden, Music Education Specialist in Professional Development and Resource Programs at Perpich Center.