INTERCULTURAL CONFLICT STYLE INVENTORY®
April 23 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pmFree
Tuesday, April 23 (4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
One critical difficulty we face in our schools is misunderstanding in communication that causes conflict. Issues of conflict often are based in the way different cultures approach resolving difficulties with one another. The ability to recognize and effectively respond to cultural differences in communication and conflict styles is an essential skill. The Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory®, developed by Mitchell R. Hammer, Ph.D., will help you:
- Increase cultural self-understanding of your own communication and conflict resolution approach.
- Increase your understanding of other approaches people use to communicate ideas and resolve conflict.
- More accurately interpret the statements and actions of the other party.
- Learn some culturally responsive strategies in communicating your goals and interests to others.
- A Zoom link will be sent to those who have registered prior to the event.
- This virtual session is facilitated by Toni Beckler, Perpich Training and Development Specialist. Toni is an Intercultural Conflict Survey (ICS) and Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Certified Administrator.
- This session is for all arts educators, regardless of their years in the classroom.
- A clock hours form will be provided following this session.