- This event has passed.
MAKING SENSE: AN INVITATION TO THE BODY
June 29, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Making Sense: An Invitation to the Body
A One-day Lab/Sharing of Practices for Theater Directors and Educators
DATE AND TIME: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
TARGET AUDIENCE: K-12 and College/University Theater Educators and Directors
DESCRIPTION: This one-day workshop will extend the conversations of the New and Devised Work Collaborative into shared practices. The focus of the day will be on building theater practices, rituals, and processes that are deeply and authentically engaging of the body, and that help us restore and reconnect with ourselves and one another. These practices will in turn help us to create work in our schools that are reflective of the communities we serve, beginning with the body. Together we will co-create containers for inquiry and practice, with broad framing in these phases throughout the day: breath, body, movement, object, and story.
You need not bring anything except yourself (dressed for movement), a notebook, a water bottle, your questions, and a willingness to be present as we connect to our bodies, our sensations, and our ability to make meaning in and through movement. This is a time for reconnection and rejuvenation!
Perpich Center for Arts Education
6125 Olson Memorial Hwy
Golden Valley, MN 55422
*we will meet in the dance studio*
- The workshop co-conveners are Dr. Stephanie Lein Walseth, Theater Education Specialist in Professional Development and Resource Programs at Perpich Center for Arts Education and Dana McConnell, Theater Educator and Director at St. Charles High School, St. Mary’s University, and beyond.
- Presenters may also include members of the New and Devised Work Collaborative – comprised of Theater Educators and Directors across the state of Minnesota and special guests.
- There is no cost for this workshop and 6 CEU hours are earned.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided – please note any dietary restrictions in the registration form.
- Questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org