- This event has passed.
MINNESOTA MUSIC TEACHER’S SUMMER BOOK CLUB: UPBEAT!
June 14 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Minnesota Music Teacher’s Summer Book Club: Join the Music Professional Learning Summer Book Study and Earn Clock Hours for License Renewal
Upbeat! Mindset, Mindfulness, and Leadership in Music Education and Beyond – Dr. Matthew Arau, author
Upbeat! presents a combination of mindset and mindfulness strategies as well as leadership principles that will motivate, inspire, and transform not only your personal world but the culture of your music program. The book is a wonderful collection of hands-on, immediately applicable ideas and strategies for all those involved in the music profession. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with meaningful topics that can elevate their quality of life and personal fulfillment while raising the wellbeing and success of their students.
- Paul Kile is the Director of Bands at Edina High School and serves on the Servant Leadership Association for Music Education board with Dr. Arau. Over the last two years, Paul has worked with Dr. Arau in ‘Band Life Coaching’ sessions at Edina High School and has participated in Dr. Arau’s Upbeat! class at VanderCook College.
WHO: All Minnesota music educators are welcome! Registration is limited to 20.
SCHEDULE OF VIRTUAL MEETINGS: 6 sessions over 2 weeks
Now – Secure your copy of Upbeat! Mindset, Mindfulness, and Leadership in Music Education and Beyond (GIA Publications)
- Monday, 6/12 – 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 6/14 – 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 6/15 – 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, 6/19 – 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 6/21 – 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 6/22 – 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
TOTAL TIME COMMITMENT: Approximately 20 hours, including personal reading/reflection and discussions over two weeks. A certificate for 20 clock hours will be provided upon completion of the course.
COST: There is no cost to participate (other than securing the book on your own).