- This event has passed.
New to Teaching Art in the Elementary School Cohort
November 13 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Exciting news! We’re broadening the reach of our Teaching Art in the Elementary School cohort to welcome new Tier 1/Tier 2 licensed elementary art teachers. Our goal is to support elementary visual arts teachers who are 1) new to their career or 2) new to teaching elementary art or 3) a classroom generalist teacher who teaches their own art within their classroom.
Regardless of which group you find yourself in, our comprehensive program is made for you, ensuring that you can confidently teach in and through the arts.
Here’s what this enriching opportunity offers:
- Effective Strategies: Discover strategies that work, empowering you to nurture creativity while teaching visual arts.
- Confidence and Expertise: Gain the confidence and expertise needed to lead engaging art learning experiences..
- Invaluable Resources: Access a wealth of resources to enhance your teaching approach.
- Instructional Coaches: Benefit from the guidance of experienced instructional coaches who understand the intricacies of elementary art education.
- Classroom Materials Management: Learn how to efficiently manage art materials in your classroom.
- Effective Artwork Assessment: Develop the skills to assess artwork effectively and meaningfully.
Empower your students with high-quality art instruction that captures their interest and unlocks their artistic potential. In between daylong workshops at the Perpich Center, you will also have access to coaching from our instructional coaches who have a wealth of experience teaching elementary art. Let’s create a classroom where every student’s artistic expression shines!
Attendance Preference: We are hoping that schools would send teams of two attendees for collaboration back at your school. Ideally, the same teachers will attend all three sessions.
Tentative Cohort Dates:
- Monday, November 13, 2023
- Tuesday, February 6, 2024
- Wednesday, April 17, 2024
- 2024 Summer Opportunities TBD
- The Teaching Art for Elementary Classroom Generalists cohort will meet in person at
- Perpich Center for Arts Education, 6125 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN.
- These are full-day sessions with a break for lunch.
- There is no cost to participate in this cohort.
- A clock hours form will be provided.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org