Hwy 55 Closing This Weekend for Mill and Overlay Project
August 20, 2021
Traffic Alert: Resurfacing on Highway 55 Means Weekend Detour in Golden Valley, 10:00 p.m. Friday, August 20 through 5:00 a.m. Monday, August 23
Greetings Dorm Students and Dorm Families,
The MN Department of Transportation will be working on Highway 55 the weekend of dorm move-in and eastbound Highway 55 will be closed between Highway 169 and Highway 100.
If you are coming to campus using eastbound Highway 55, use this detour:
- Highway 55 East to Highway 169 South
- Highway 169 South to Interstate 394 East
- Interstate 394 East to Highway 100 North
- Highway 100 North to Highway 55 West
- Highway 55 West to Douglas Drive stoplight
- Turn left (south) on Douglas Drive to enter campus
- If the Douglas Drive intersection is not available, continue westbound to the Glenwood Ave. intersection. Turn left (south) at Glenwood and take an immediate left (east) onto the frontage road, Olson Highway Service Road. Continue east and enter campus at the Douglas Drive intersection.
If you are coming to campus using westbound Highway 55 and find the intersection of 55 & Douglas Drive to be closed:
- Continue westbound to the Glenwood Ave. intersection. Turn left (south) at Glenwood and take an immediate left (east) onto the frontage road, Olson Highway Service Road. Continue east and enter campus at the Douglas Drive intersection.
More information on the project can be found on the MnDOT website.
The timing of this road closure is less than ideal for dorm move-in, but we hope this detour is clear and will get you to campus quickly. If you have questions, you may contact 763-279-4200 before the weekend. If questions arise on move-in weekend, please contact the dorm office at 763-279-4201. Safe travels!