- This event has passed.
CLASSROOM VISIT – ROBERT ASP ELEMENTARY MOORHEAD
April 25 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pmFree
DATE AND TIME:
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 (9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- 9:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Arrival
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. School tour
- 10:10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Q&A and preparation for observation
- 10:40 a.m. – 12:47 p.m. Observation in Michelle’s Visual Arts classroom
- 12:50 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. LUNCH on your own or with our group
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Professional development with Jeremy Holien including a debriefing discussion of observations and the Minnesota Academic Standards in the Visual Arts.
Robert Asp Elementary School
910 – 11th St N, Moorhead, MN 56560
Note: Enter through the main office doors. Door #1 on the south side of the school
Looking for ideas to integrate and transfer learning between disciplines in your art class? Join our teacher observation event and learn five key areas for successful classroom management and teaching. You’ll discover strategies for preparing your space, defining expectations for student behavior, tackling lesson planning and meeting standards, incorporating literature into art lessons to meet literacy goals, and giving students more choice and autonomy in their work. Gain practical tips and techniques for enhancing your teaching and engaging your students in meaningful and creative ways. This opportunity is perfect for new art teachers or those looking to refresh their teaching practices. You will leave with a renewed sense of purpose and inspiration to help your students reach their full potential.
This day is a unique opportunity to inform your teaching practice through peer observation and discussion while forming stronger connections with visual arts teachers nearby. To accomplish this,
- We will observe Michelle Sailer’s art classroom and her solutions for teaching in and through the arts.
- Following the classroom observation, Jeremy Holien will facilitate a discussion of our observations and then introduce you to opportunities to connect our observations into practical implementation ideas focused on the Minnesota Academic Standards in the Visual Arts.
- You will take away new ideas and strategies for your classroom, plus have a better understanding of how the new Visual Arts standards relate to the classes you teach.
The day is hosted by Jeremy Holien, Visual & Media Arts Education Specialist of Professional Development & Resource Programs at Perpich Center for Arts Education. There is no cost to participate. A certificate for 6 clock hours will be distributed at the end of the day.
Note: The maximum number of participants is 7. Registration will close when we reach that number.