- This event has passed.
PERPICH 2023 RELICENSURE SERIES – ENGAGING ALL STUDENTS IN LEARNING DOUBLE HEADER
April 25 @ 4:10 pm - 6:15 pm
On Tuesday, April 25, Perpich Center for Arts Education is hosting a Relicensure Series: Student Engagement Double Header–two virtual sessions that address two topics required for renewal of Tier 3 and Tier 4 licenses in Minnesota. These are two different sessions with different content, focused on two different components in the license renewal category of Positive Behavioral Intervention Strategies. Plan to attend one or both!
Accommodation and Modification in Arts Classes (4:10 p.m. – 5:10 p.m.)
In this session, we will be reminded of accommodating, modifying, and adapting curricula, materials, and strategies to appropriately meet the needs of individual students and ensure adequate progress toward the state’s graduation rule.
Supporting Student Engagement in Arts Classes (5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.)
This session focuses on supporting classroom community and student engagement so all can learn in our Arts classes.
Our presenter is Dr. Wendy Barden. Wendy serves as Director of Professional Development and Resource Programs at Perpich Center. In these sessions, she weaves her 4+ decades of experience in music education with the expertise of others to bring practical and important ideas for your teaching.
- These are online/virtual sessions. The Zoom link will be sent to participants via email on April 18.
- Sessions will NOT be recorded for later viewing.
- Participants are encouraged to engage fully with video if at all possible.
- Participants will complete a brief evaluation form to receive the clock hours certificate(s).
- There is no cost to participate.