- This event has passed.
PERPICH 2023 RELICENSURE SERIES – READING AND ENGLISH LEARNERS DOUBLE HEADER
April 19 @ 4:10 pm - 6:15 pm
On Wednesday, April 19, Perpich Center for Arts Education is hosting a Relicensure Series Double Header–two virtual sessions that address two topics required for renewal of Tier 3 and Tier 4 licenses in Minnesota. These are two different sessions with different content. Plan to attend one or both!
Supporting Text Reading in Arts Classes (4:10 p.m. – 5:10 p.m.)
Included will be topics such as practice in phonemic awareness and phonics; vocabulary–fluency–comprehension; and instruction that fosters understanding and higher-order thinking.
Creating More Inclusive Arts Classes for English Learners (5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.)
This session focuses on instructional strategies that increase understanding and communication for English Learners–for all learners.
Our presenter is Dr. Wendy Barden. Wendy serves as Director of Professional Development and Resource Programs at Perpich Center. In these sessions, she weaves her 4+ decades of experience in music education with the expertise of others to bring practical and important ideas for your teaching.
- These are online/virtual sessions. The Zoom link will be sent to participants via email on April 18.
- Sessions will NOT be recorded for later viewing.
- Participants are encouraged to engage fully with video if at all possible.
- Participants will complete a brief evaluation form to receive the clock hours certificate(s).
- There is no cost to participate.