- This event has passed.
STANDARDS BASED GRADING ROUNDTABLE: ENSEMBLE CLASSES
August 10, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 amFree
DATE and TIME: Tuesday, August 10 (9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
LOCATION: This is an online meeting. The meeting link will be emailed prior to the Roundtable.
Here is an opportunity to participate in a Roundtable discussion – to think aloud with other ensemble directors about a framework for communicating student achievement to students and their families known as standards-based grading, standards-referenced grading, proficiency or competency grading.
What questions do you want to ask others?
- What does the music report card look like (i.e., multiple statements, letters or numbers)?
- How do you report effort/behavior/participation?
- How do you manage multiple opportunities for students to demonstrate learning?
- How do you use formative and summative assessments?
- How do you give students individual feedback?
- If students “Meet Standard” right away what do you do?
- Does your district use proficiency or competency scales?
- The music report card used in my classes
- How I report effort/behavior/participation
- How I manage multiple opportunities
- How I manage formative and summative assessments
- How I give students individual feedback
- Sample checklists or rubrics
- Sample proficiency or competency scales
- At this time I don’t have anything to formally share
This Roundtable is facilitated by Dr. Wendy Barden, Music Education Specialist at Perpich Center. Wendy taught with standards-based grading for eight years and has continued to study – and advocate for – this framework. This just means Wendy has ideas to add to the conversation from personal experience.
- A certificate for 2 CEUs will be available at the end of the session.
- There is no cost to participate.