- This event has passed.
TEACHING STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS IN K-12 MUSIC
August 11, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 amFree
This panel discussion is intended for music educators of students in grades K-12.
DATE AND TIME: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 (9:30-11:30 am)
EVENT LOCATION: ONLINE – A Zoom link will be provided prior to the discussion
August is always a good time to start thinking about the new school year, including how best to support your K-12 students with special needs. A panel of experienced music educators will give you some ideas that have worked in their classrooms, and then we’ll open the discussion. Panelists include:
- Caroline Becker – Elementary classroom teacher at Pankalo Education Center, Intermediate School District 916 (and former music educator)
- Emily Hage – Director of Bands at Sylvania Southview High School, Sylvania, OH
- Julie Loxtercamp – Elementary music educator in Bemidji Schools
- Christine Weatherman – District Music Program Specialist in Osseo Area Schools (and former secondary vocal music educator)
- There is no cost for this workshop.
- 2 CEUs are available.
- The panel discussion is hosted by Dr. Wendy Barden, Music Education Specialist in Professional Development & Resource Programs at Perpich Center for Arts Education.