STATE ARTS EDUCATION SPECIALISTS
Distance and E-Learning Tools and Resources for the Arts
Our State Arts Education Specialists have collected and created several resources for Minnesota educators to use for distance and e-learning development. Some lesson ideas do not require internet, or could be adapted. Resources are updated regularly. You are encouraged to check back. Please reach out to any Arts Education Specialist for assistance; contact information is below.
- Rosas Dance Company, Belgium video tutorial
- Exquisite Corps Lesson Plan
- Juba 4th and 5th Grade Lesson
- The Elements of Dance
- American Masters – Dance
- Dance Studies Association
- Arts Assessment for Learning
visual & media arts
- Music Education Resources to Support Continued Learning During School Closures
- Move It worksheet
- Musical Instrument Investigation
- Music Descriptor-Emoji Cards – Elementary
- Music Descriptor-Emoji Cards – Secondary
- Music Choice Board 3 of 5
- Make a Playlist!
- Listeners Tic-Tac-Toe
- Rhythm Differentiation Tic-Tac-Toe
- A New Instrument!
- Abstract Music
- WMEA Online Teaching Project
- Music Class Charades! K-2
- A song a day! K-2
- I’m a musician! Activity Board K-2
CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT RESOURCES
We provide consultation and online resources on arts education research, curricula and curriculum mapping, assessment guides, articles about achievement in the arts, and more.
Contact Perpich Professional Development for more information.
Need more assistance?
CONTACT OUR STATE ARTS EDUCATION SPECIALISTS
Dance Education Specialist, Mary Harding firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Education Specialist, Dr. Wendy Barden email@example.com
Theater Education Specialist, Dr. Stephanie Lein Walseth firstname.lastname@example.org
Visual & Media Arts Education Specialist, Jeremy Holien email@example.com